Saturday, May 30, 2009

18 days and counting!

18 days until the adventure starts...or has it already started? You see about 13 months ago a decision was made to return to Kenya in the summer of 09. Much has happened in the last 13 months as we have planned and changed plans, invited people to the group and watched people quietly leave the group, dreamed of our time together and now with only 18 days to go it is about to begin.

As for me it will be a wonderfully sweet opportunity to return to a place that has meant so much to me over the past 3+ years. Adventure, friendships, hope...meaning, understanding...and the list goes on. (Have you read Man's Search for Meaning?)

This trip I will take with me 21 people who have never stepped foot on the mysterious continent of Africa, soon after another 15 or so will come and we will welcome them.

What is in the future of this trip? Is it about safari's and animals? schools and orphanages? Is it about being with friends and loved ones? You see I don't think so...Its about so much more.

Tomorrow, I will talk about what I believe is the future of the trip...tune in!
Phill

No comments: